Trouble with a Corsa key fob

Just saw this on ebay. The seller claims that it will programme a Corsa C key for 99p! but his feedback indicates it might not work.

Does anyone know of a cheapo DIY way to programme a twin fob key?

The switches on the fob are sticking. I'm also toying with the idea of buying an old fob from ebay and removing just the switches and fitting them on their own to save the programming bit. Anyone tried this?

TIA

Just Another Corsa Fan

They usually only give the same info that can be found in the handbook, but for 99p, wtf

Reply to
GaZ

take it apart and give it a good dose of switch cleaner pref not WD40.

mike

mikeFNB

The listing has been removed!

Alan

Reply to
Alan

Does anyone know of a cheapo DIY way to programme a twin fob key?

Hi, they are programmed to the ECU via a Main dealer computer, you need to produce your immobiliser code as well, once programmed they wont be able to be reprogrammed to any other car in the future. The design of the Corsa C remote plip is very poorly designed imo, we have cases of people sticking their thumb nails through the rubber to get the remote to operate, damaging the pcb in the process!

Reply to
Judas