Clutch Squeal

I've gotten this squeal sound before but I can't remember if it happened in wet weather or if wet weather is even the cause. I thought it might be wet belt somewhere causing a squeal. Anyway, here is what happened today.

It was raining like it was never going to quit. I drove the car in the rain with no problems to a Mall. When I got back in the car and engaged the clutch, then slowly disengaged the clutch as I advanced the accelerator, the squeal kicked in. Nasty squeal. This went on for about five minutes every time I had to shift gears.

Is it the rain? Or something else?

Reply to
Pat

Sounds like you may have gotten the release bearing wet enough to wash out the grease......

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

What are the consequences of that? Is it something I should take care of immediately?

Reply to
Pat