My windows leak :(

Both the moldings above my windows keep filling up with water during the rain. Is there a drain or something that might be clogged causing this? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Scott Streeter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CCC3.WPI.EDU:

Mouldings above the windows? You're not talking about a Miata I guess, can you give us some more information?

Reply to
XS11E

Look at the top of the door frame, there's a cup-shaped moulding there and it drains down the door frame to the rocker panel - run a long flexible wire down there to try to get some of the debris out. Pine needles are a real culprit around here.

You also might check out this thread on miata.net for more help...

9497) Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Ya, that sounds like my problem. I've been messing with just the rubber part but never tried to adjust the mounting plate under it. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

In addition you can move the weatherstrip a bit so they touch each other better and no drips will come through...

-- The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata -

MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member - Meguiar's Clinics

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Reply to
Scott Streeter