tire recommendations?

My 2002 Miata LS Brookstone Turanza 205/45R16s are nearing time for replacement. I've searched for recommendations and reviewed the recent Car and Driver 11 tire comparison and also looked at some postings from this group. I like the tread wear rating of the Yokohama tires I saw listed but thought I'd put the question out to the group.

What do you like?

Frank

Reply to
frank

I've always remained pretty comfortable with C&D's fairness in its tire reviews, of course every tire has it's trade-offs but they usually present them pretty straight forward for your consideration.

Yoko's seem to have a pretty good rep around here at least the old AVSI (IIRC). I'm thinking it was it's replacement that was tested. I seem to remember the Hankooks getting quite good ratings for my liking in street tires.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

---------------------------- i replaced my brookstones with goodyear eagle super hp's --excellent so far (ive had them 7 mos) and they are all weather. speed rated to

140mph, class A tires.

dave

Reply to
dave

Guys, come on you're killing me! They're Bridgestone tires

Sorry, my wife detests when I do this to her (all the time;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Maybe yours are. Personally, I stopped buying Brookstones--I get better response from Sharper Image.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Yikes! My bad. Brookstone is a word/name I'm more familiar with. What are the odds I'd screw that up and get the lord-knows-what-it-means Turanza correct?

Frank

Reply to
frank

No biggie, to be honest, in my ignorance I first spelled it Brigestone in my email and spell checker said I was wrong sooooo I trusted spellchecker as it has a much better track record than I do!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo