Brake pad light stays on

I have a '94 C230 and the brake pad light came on (my front pads were getting low)... I changed the pads and filled up the brake fluid resevoir. But the light still stayed on. The owners manual doesn't
say anything about a specific method to reset it. I tried disconnecting the battery, but that didn't work.
Does anyone know how to reset this thing?
Thanks.
Larry
Did you change the sensors?
Chris

No, I didn't think I needed to change them. is that something that should be done with every brake job ? or did mine break? are they designed to sense a new pad is installed?
Larry

I had the same thing on my '95 W140...turned out the parking brake pad had disintegrated...nothing to do with the regular brakes.

Were your sensor wires single wire or 2 wire? Each one. I know there are 2 sensor wires on each side. I want to know if each one was 1 wire or 2 wire each.
The early 1 wire sensors just go to ground when the edge of the rotor cuts into them.
The later 2 wire sensors have the light circuit going thru them. When the edge of the rotor cuts thru them, the circuit is broken. The light goes on and stays on. Unplugging the sensor makes the light go on also, just like it was cut.

If the brake pad warning light came on then the insulation on the sensor has worn through. The brake pads are sintered. This means that they contain small pieces of metal. If the insulation in the sensor is damaged it will earth out through the pad. Just fit new sensors.