IGNITION TIMING TROUBLE SHOOTING

Hy..
My car even has been 14 years under a warehouse, only 42.000 kms, I have just taken it to the world again and I have next problems.
Low power, up to 60 kilometers speed, very low uphill
Engine shaking Valves sound
Could you kindly send me complete information about engine (ignition) timing process?
Thanks
Jorge Chile
We don't even know what car you have... to help you.
Drain all old gas and put in new gas. Old gas make car run really bad.
Getting a stored car back in condition is a process. First one needs to give the motor good oil and fuel and be sure the fuel supply is adequate to supply the motor's needs. I suspect your motor lacks fuel, probably because the fuel filters are dirty. Before "repairing" the engine I suggest you eliminate the simple possibilities like oil, fuel and fuel filters. Leave the ignition timing alone unless you absolutely KNOW that it was incorrect when the car was put into storage. The timing did not change when the car was in storage. Rather the old fuel evaporated and left a gum on many parts that a carburetor or fuel system cleaner will remove as you drive. Give it some time.
--
© 2007 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.