mercedes 220d type e, 1998

Does anyone know a way how to extract a glowplug (cyl.4)? The glowplug is damaged and stuck. The hex profile of the nut is gone and is round of shape now.
The dealer told me he has to remove the upper part of the motor in order to drill out the plug.
Are there any other options?
Thx in advance.
Pol.
I recommend to remove the glow blug that you use a bolt stud extractor that grabs the rounded hex part AFTER heating gently with a tiny oxy-acetylene flame.....
Thanks for your advice. Pol.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:56:15 GMT, "Richard & Sherrill Smith"

'98 diesels have glowplugs?