Re: Best way to clean mud off tyres...and blacken up?

soap, stiff brush and armor-all

Meguiar's! The tire dressing lasts for weeks.
Chris

AMEN TO THAT...

Ditto from here. Although I am not so fanatical that I shine my tires frequently, I use the Meguiar's myself. It's not quite as obviously shiny as other brands (a good thing, IMO). It also has a sponge applicator, as opposed to a spray gun (which usually imparts a nice shine to your driveway, lawn, dog, neighbour kids, etc.). The only drawback is that it smells like _really_ crummy 29 cent a pound raspberry candies.
John M. who never eats candies inside his '94 E320