STAR REMOVAL

IM TRYING TO REPLACE THE GRILL AND THE STAR ON THE HOOD. I HAVE A E500. CAN ANY TELL HOW TO REMOVE THE STAR ON THE HOOD?

IM TRYING TO REPLACE THE GRILL AND THE STAR ON THE HOOD. I HAVE A E500. CAN ANY TELL HOW TO REMOVE THE STAR ON THE HOOD?
*MJ wrote:

Leave the car in a public carpark overnight.
--
Thomas

I have a 560 SEL and I'm not sure if your Star removes the same as mine...but look under the hood where the Star comes through and you should see a bracket with a spring in the center. Pull down and twist the spring/bracket with a set of pliers and the Star should then be loose and can be removed. ____________________________________________

Have you seen Mrs. Doubtfire? Pierce Brosnan would know.