MINI Cooper S Convertible, Exclusive Photos.

Spent a day snooping around central London today.

Got a result!

Any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer!

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Looks a bit poxy really I think!

For a convertible you can't beat the Audi A4 my wife has & I bet the mini is nearly the same price!!

Reply to
Nige

You reckon? I liked it a lot. The only thing I didn't like is there's a lot of plastic you can see at the back, between the "hoops" at the rear between/above the rear seats, that could be trimmed in either leather or even fabric to make it look less cheap. Aside from that I was very impressed, especially from the previous prototype photos I'd seen which I really didn't think looked too great at all.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Nope, not my bag at all, the cooper s is a cracking car & I love it to bits. That just looks too girly to be honest.

Just watched top gear form a few months ago & it had a 275bhp cooper s on!!!!

I want one of those!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

"Nige" wrote in news:btrsae$a8goh$1 @ID-211434.news.uni-berlin.de:

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

;-)

Reply to
Buteo Lagopus

Heh: it's Mini's chick car, the way the Cabrio was to VW.

Reply to
Wayne S. Hill

Ridiculous. Why would a convertible version of the Mini cause it's price to go from $17K to $36K? It will probably cost an extra $1500 or so over a comparably-equipped standard Mini.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Well, for starters I'm in the UK so your outburst means nothing to me.

Reply to
Nige

I thought the entire Beetle range had that tag? ;)

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Hubba Hubba, two years to pay off my coop, then thats on the shopping list !

Cheerz - Brownz

Brownz

Check out the difference in price between a 325i and a 325i convertable. $1500 won't cover it.

Reply to
Grinder

Don't like it. To me it looks too much like a VW Cabrio. A Mini is a Mini.

Reply to
Grinder

For the record, a 325i coupe bases about $31K, the convertible about $38K, a

22% bump, albeit with a higher level of standard equipment in the convertible. As another example, a New Beetle bases about $16.5K, while the convertible is about $21K, a 27% bump, again with a higher standard level of equipment.

If Mini bumps the price of their new convertible 25% then that would be about $4K additional for a base price of around $21K. If they leave the level of equipment the same between the MC and MC convertible (which they very well might do since their habit so far is to make their options very ala carte), I'd estimate the price bump to be less than $4K, but we don't know what they'll do yet. In any event, my estimate of $1,500 was low.

But a $21K Mini convertible is not remotely in the same ballpark as a $37K A4 Cabriolet.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

£24k for the base A4 Convertible here in the UK, 17.5k for my Cooper S in the UK. You can bet on a minimum 3-4K premium over the Cooper S hard top model. In UK prices there wont be as much difference as you think. I can't comment on USA prices as it's well known they sell over list in the states anyhow?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

It's not a cooper, it's a cooper s.

Reply to
Nige

But that's not really fair, comparing base price to nicely loaded price, as it's only £14.5k for a base S, so probably around (complete guess btw) £18k for a base Cooper S Convertible.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

But who buys the basic Cooper S? It's got nothing in it!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Add this to the fact my car even at 17.5k has less equipment than my wife's. If I added all the features the Audi has over the Mini it would be a lot more than 17.5k

The point I'm trying to make is that Mini's are not cheap cars & I don't think that the convertible will offer great value for money. I could be proved wrong.

Reply to
Nige

I think it looks fun, and of course the "normal" MINI is fun to drive anyway.

However, personally it's not for me :)

Anyway Paul; I'd be worried where people will stick their

stickers! :p

Reply to
s n u f f y