Mini Service Intervals, Requirements

We're considering moving an '05 Mini Cooper to a very remote location. The nearest Mini dealer is about four hours away; local infrastructure is pretty basic - we're not expecting any maintenance facilities with, for example, OBD (on board diagnostics) capability nearby.

The car just passed 9,200 miles and had it's oil service.

Question 1: At about what mileage should we expect a Service 1 (versus Oil Service) - understanding variability in usage yada yada yada. Just a guestimate is fine.

Question 2: Could a Service 1 be performed by a competent amateur mechanic if we could get the necessary parts, excluding engine analyzers and expensive proprietary tools?

TIA.

Paul Beda

Reply to
Paul Beda

Hi Paul, depending on distance, revs over 3,000 rpm, and the amount of cold starts, etc etc etc, anything between 10 and 14,000 miles, the service interval indicator will let you know, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy