HIF44 CARB - BULKHEAD Mods?

Hi,

When fitting a HIF44 from an MG Metro should it go in without any mods to the bulkhead?

I am using the MG manifold and mine doesn't fit.

The bulkhead will have to be cut to get it in and I am worried that the dashpot may touch the bonnet.

Do folks use a special short manifold?

Peter

Reply to
TurboJo

I've got the Metro engine, carb and MG inlet manifold in my Mini with no bulkhead or bonnet mods. It should fit even if it's a tight squeeze. The dashpot won't touch the bonnet. If you unbolt the engine steady you can tip the engine forwards slightly to give a bit more room at the back to help get the carb on.

Reply to
Clive W

I'll take my bonnet into college next Thursday and give it a try.

Cheers

Reply to
TurboJo

Correct summation by Clive.