HIF44 SU wanted

Anybody got an old one kicking about?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Dunno - I've got a few old SUs down the gaslit end of my garage, but can't see any serial numbers. What's it from?

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

There the one's with the concentric bowl underneath. 72-75 MG type.

Reply to
Rob

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Geoff Mackenzie" saying something like:

Commonly fitted to Montegos and larger-engined Maestros. Also MG Metro Turbo, which is actually the one I'm hoping to find, but an ordinary one can be modded.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sorry, nothing that recent.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Geoff Mackenzie" saying something like:

Thanks for looking anyway. I'm not keen on the older ones (HS, HD, etc) with the outboard float chamber as they add extra complication and leakage sources, especially being blown through.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon