Anyone lend me £3k

There is a chance to buy a legend.

Did so close to 300BHP, but would shred gearboxes when overtaking in

3rd.

I've seen this car in action at Angelsey and Elvington, and it is a Beast. We never did get the showdown between Pete and Matt Faulks at the track days that we hoped for.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

£3k for something that's hit 201k miles f*ck off! it's a shitty shape SAAB too :)
Reply to
Vamp

Jealousy is such an ugly colour.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

na yellow on any car is an ugly colour, or brown i guess that's kinda minging.

Reply to
Vamp

I'm with him on this one :) 201k, especially for summet that will be driven hard, and is in a relatively high state of tune, is too much.

Reply to
DanTXD

Still cheaper and with more ponies than a certain imported 'bouffon special'.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

But said, 'big gay bear mobile' doesn't need a gearbox every month ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

Gearbox replacements are easy to afford when you don't have an Oakley, sunbed and peroxide habit.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

'Paging Vamp' ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

chicks dig me import, chicks would not dig an old SAAB, although i guess they would dig the SAAB 9-3 convertible. did you know most people that buy the 9-3 convertible are women, sales guy at work told me that. although it's the men that get the convertible with the proper engine under the bonnet :)

wasn't really slagging the car, as dan said, 300bhp and them miles, how many more could it master before pop?

Reply to
Vamp

What exactly do you think would go "pop"? Engines can be continuously reconditioned within reason and a well maintained engine isn't likely to put a piston through the side of the block, i've seen several BMW's, VW's and Saabs with 250k miles on the clock, although of course they weren't in this state of tune.

Reply to
REMUS

Remember:

Yer Sleeker is pissing you off 'coz:

o It's too track car for daily use. o Every time you fix summut, summut breaks.

Nice *proper* Saab tho'... :)

Alistair J Murray

Would be worse.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston
[...Sleeker Saab or Sleeker Sleeker...]

Certainly not better.

Alistair J Murray

It is just about the ultimate Weird shaped Saab. A standard one had a 50-70 acceleration time faster than a Ferrari=20 Testarosa. That one at it's peak had roughly two thirds more. The only part that has done 201k is the shell, and that has been fully=20 restored like Matts was.

I'm after a 9k aero now, because they do 50-70 faster than a Diablo. And=20 you can double the power of them and still drive it.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh no. That runs a treat. When it breaks it breks proper though. No annoying niggles, which is what the problem is ATM. It would something that I could say, "It's that", or "It's that again", rather than "WTF is that squeak/rattle/bang/oil leak"

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You *really* want it don't you...

Can you afford the £6k it really costs - £3k to buy and £3k to keep it

*and* you mobile?

...then buy it!

:)

Alistair J Murray

Just one point though chaps, that car never made over 266bhp on the rollers, and that was by pure fluke and running dangerously lean, when the fueling was sorted it made 240bhp (and all this on power engineerings very optimistic rolling road), after the 8 injectors malarkey, MF2 etc. was on it apparantly made 260bhp. It is in no way the ultimate C900, Eric Van Speldes "Saabine" is with my F900 coming a close second. Erics car makes 280bhp all day long and puts it down perfectly, my old car in 'attack spec' made 307bhp but was later detuned to 270bhp for reliability and driveability.

A point to note is both Erics car and my old car were very 'simple' 4 injectors, remapped standard management, no water injection etc. just good charge cooling, properly sized turbo's, spot on engine builds with excellent flow capacity through the heads and very well setup. More bits does not always =3D more performance ;)=20

Matt

Reply to
m.faulks

Just one point though chaps, that car never made over 266bhp on the rollers, and that was by pure fluke and running dangerously lean, when the fueling was sorted it made 240bhp (and all this on power engineerings very optimistic rolling road), after the 8 injectors malarkey, MF2 etc. was on it apparantly made 260bhp. It is in no way the ultimate C900, Eric Van Speldes "Saabine" is with my F900 coming a close second. Erics car makes 280bhp all day long and puts it down perfectly, my old car in 'attack spec' made 307bhp but was later detuned to 270bhp for reliability and driveability.

A point to note is both Erics car and my old car were very 'simple' 4 injectors, remapped standard management, no water injection etc. just good charge cooling, properly sized turbo's, spot on engine builds with excellent flow capacity through the heads and very well setup. More bits does not always = more performance ;)

Matt

'lo, long time no see. Got a Noble yet ;) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep Azure blue 2.5 with FP intercooler, FP BOV, FP Solid Boost Pipe, FP

360BHP Re-Map, FP Oil Catch Tank, FP GT Carbon Front Splitter, Nitrons, DS2500's and a few other bits and bobs. Planning a 3 litre and 6 Speed conversion in the near future as the 5speed box isn't going to last long with the above setup.

Also got a nice 9000 CSE for smoking about in, Maptune Stage 1 ECU, JR air filter element, DS2500's and a bit of poly bushing. Circa 245bhp.

Oh and the two FP race cars are doing well too and we're hoping to field a car of our own in MESC next season. Also have some exciting stuff for the GTO3/3R coming out in the near future as we're developing a "stage 1" for them at the moment, circa 385bhp.

Regs Matt

Reply to
m.faulks