Bergerman: racer or numpty?

My contact details are easily available to anyone who can be bothered to look...............are yours?

Ken

Excellent write up. I love the NSX but I've never driven one... I'm told they're as docile as a Civic but as entertaining as the best of 'em...

Reply to
DervMan

Agreed, and same here, I want one - are they reasonable money yet? I'm changing the 206 in a year...

Reply to
DanTXD

No.

I've looked. Lots. Thing is I'd want to replace that lovely 3.0 V6 (at the budget I'm looking at) for a diesel, which is a no-go. It's reputed to be a beautiful engine...

Reply to
DervMan

I've noticed Boxsters are getting to reasonable price levels now - good way to spend £10k on a car? Assuming practicality isn;t an issue?

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes, but I gotta say, I'd rather get an 80s 911... :)

Reply to
DervMan

you can read! f*ck me chavs have moved up slightly in the world!

Reply to
Vamp

There is definately something in that..

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes.

None of these turbos, just a vanilla naturally aspirated machine. No iffy kit, just, the machine... however...

The insurance is respectable. The fuel, well, yeah not great. Service costs, not insurmountable but would I want to park it outside our flat?

It would *break* my heart to have some pikey scroat key the car every other night just because he can... :(

Reply to
DervMan

I'll look after it for you - it'll be perfectly safe round here :-) (although not from me driving it...)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes, I know...

Reply to
DervMan

That would break my heart too! :)

Maybe when we move out to California, hopefully I'll be able to borrow Dad's from time to time.

Reply to
DervMan

That's because you're

  1. Blind
  2. Stupid
  3. Tasteless
  4. Nuts

911s are deathtraps, didn't half an hour thrashing them around a wet circuit tell you that? Lift off, they spin, too much power, they spin, mid corner bump, spin. No oversteery fun to be had, just strange braking into corners, a wierd bobbing of the front end and the feeling that the car is in fact in two seperate sections, one of which is ignoring your commands and the other is disobeying them.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The running costs are rather different though.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

They seem to be down to about £17k for an early auto which seems expensive when a boxster offers very similar performance.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

They look... well... classic.

Heheh.

Nah, I don't want a big spoiler.

Oh ya.

Yes but there's a certain chassis delicacy to be enjoyed.

Nah there's oversteery fun to be had.

Not for me, though... they work.

Reply to
DervMan

Like the pufferfish - a delicacy which if not quite right will kill you.

Honda Civics have oversteery fun. Mazda MX5s have oversteery fun, BMW M5s have oversteery fun, even Mercedes A170s have oversteery fun. The difference is that in cars like that you can enjoy them at sensible speeds without the fun being interrupted by death, serious injury or huge bodyshop bills.

You rolled a Ka. Your opinion is worthless. And I was faster than you.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes. It's something to be tamed, to respect, to understand and to work with.

But if I borrowed your A-Class, do you honestly think I'll encouter even a sniff of the stability control light coming on? :p

But critically *not* in the 911..

Reply to
DervMan

To avoid, to ignore, to abandon, to choose something else.

No, you'd be concentrating on getting 600 miles from a tank of diesel.

Yet you talk about oversteery fun - *cough* 350Z *cough*

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Buy that - look how cool it is!

Reply to