Dodgy Peugeot suspension noise

Ok, my 306 has been parked up for about a week, unused. After I'd jump started it (left the interior light on, oops) I took it out for a spin to charge the battery up etc.

After I'd been driving a while I stopped off in the high street to use the cash point so I parked the car up. The parking is along the edge of the road (Yarm, if anyone knows it) and you have to drive through a gutter which is banked on both sides. After I'd driven through the car started making a sort of 'boingy clangy' noise when I turn the steering wheel. The noise is from the front nearside. It only happens when the car is stationary or being driven slowly. I haven't noticed it at speed; I'm not sure whether this is because the suspension is under more load while cornering, or whether I'm not putting enough lock on for it to happen.

Due to the type of noise it's making it sounds related to the spring. A quick inspection shows it is seated correctly at the bottom, but I've not had the wheel off for a proper look yet. The car isn't sagging at all, and still drives in a straight line etc. under throttle and braking.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Reply to

I dunno - but my 405 did the same thing for like, 3 years, and it never broke :)

Reply to
DanTXD

It's a broken spring. My dad's 306 did it, my 205 did it, apparently dan's 405 did it. It's a peugeot thing :-) Didn't do the replacement on the 306, but on the 205 it was about a 40 minute job to put a new spring in, once I stopped being a cheapskate and bought some proper spring compressors.

Reply to
Albert T Cone