Ebay to the Rescue..... <fanfare>

Having sold my lovely and already missed Golf to Pete in order to get the Rangie back on the road I've been engaged in a furious ebay frenzy for the last couple of days trying to get a replacement auto box for it. Rangie boxes being the type to either work perfectly or be completely shafted I've been trying to find one the same as the one in mine - the earlier, more agricultural one with the manual diff-lock - as they seem to last better than the later ones with the viscous-clutch centre diffs as the centre diff can pack in and send a load of grief through the drivetrain.

Bid on one yesterday and missed out by a quid at £50.00. Bid on one today and won it for a fiver.

This works out well as I had one on a scrap Rangie that would have cost me £50 but had been off the road for a long, long time and I pinched the oil cooler and pipes off it for mine in May so the box hasn't had much oil in.

I just hope the bidder doesn't mind me going to collect it...

Reply to
Pete M