FAO Fraser (again)

Is their an Aus equivalent of the ad-mag / loot (ie, big paper of classifieds?)

Reply to
Doki

And what the f*ck is "reg" in terms of second hand cars? Like road tax?

Reply to
Doki

thought it was like new zeland and went with a warrant of fitness?

Reply to
Rob

REG IN THE UK MEANS YEAR OF MANUFACTURE AND/OR numberplate number

Reply to
aussie bongo

*golf clap*

I think he means 'rego'.

Which I believe is like a taxation/registration and verified compliance; without looking it up I think the Australian system is some wierd-ass mixture of British and American approaches, but closer to the latter.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Registration. Road tax.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

For cars? Try

There is
or
as well. The local Perth one for cheap sheds is
Are you thinking of buying something to get around while you are here?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Either a pushbike or a car. Both seem relatively expensive compared to here though, so I might end up hiring. Particularly as I'll be going to at least

3 different places and they don't let you take a car on the plane.
Reply to
Doki

Probably too late now - but I rather enjoyed driving from Adelaide to Sydney along the coast over a couple of weeks. It's quite scenic. Hired the car from a hostel in Adelaide - a very tatty falcon estate for not very much money (we needed the space for a tandem). Dreadful thing but it felt right - in the way that a Getz wouldn't...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Shouldn't there be an 'o' at the end of that? Certainly seems to be in Neighbours.

Reply to
Conor

Pah. Nothings booked apart from flights in and out of oz and the hotel for the first night we arrive.

Reply to
Doki