MODDED FRONT SPLITTERS

I have Mk6 Ford Escort (new shape), i plan to fit a front splitter to original front bumper (one with fogs), i want either a Seat Toledo or Ibiza Gti front splitter. Will the Ibiza one be wide wnough to fit on my bumper or will i have to go for Toledo one?

Reply to
Marc Lane

You might think this sounds a bit unhelpful but tape measures can often be had for about a pound in B&Q.

A decent scrappy/breakers yard will sell you a bumper off either of those cars for not very much and if its no good and you havn't butchered it, ebay it.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In article , snipped-for-privacy@smiths-aerospace.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Again, don't want to sound unhelpful, but can't you think of something more original and interesting to do?

The Ibiza/Toleda splitter has been gaffer taped and and Sikoflexed onto everything from a 2CV to a greyhound bus, and they are so 2003, so I wouldn't bother unless you want soemthing that passes for retro in the modern car modding scene.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

regarding the 2 replies. I dont know how big the seat splitters are cos i was going to buy direct from seat, only about £20.

What budget style splitters would be recommended. I am not into spending megabucks, just a few minor styling bits. I have alloys, mesh grills, and i am just after side skirts, and front and rear splitters. Thats why i thought of the seat ones and in black plastic so i wouldnt bother spraying them, and they are dirt cheap. The cossie splitter for my escort is in the range of £100, when the seat ones are about £20!

Any good ideas would be welcomed please.

Reply to
Marc Lane

But generally speaking, cheap cosmetic mods look it *cough*.

Reply to
DervMan

So you want it to look like stick on plastic? For christ's sake, spray them.. it'll look like you've permanently just got back from Halfords.

Seriously, I'm all for cosmetic modding.. I love it, in fact (can't afford big power mods at my age!!).. but do it properly. If you can't afford to do it properly, then just don't do it.. spend your money on something you can do properly.

Reply to
Simon Burrows

'A' bloody men to that.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

But come to think of it, body mods that are done properly can still be ridiculously ott and fugly...

Andy R

Reply to
Andy

Ok, so i agree it looks better sprayed. But no one has suggested a good splitter to look for that will be relativly easy to fix on, and would be big enough for my bumper. (new shape escort)

Reply to
Marc Lane

Yes, there's a good reason why we haven't...

Reply to
DervMan

Cos no one on the group wants this "scort" to be as fast as their cars. As when you put a front splitter on. Not only does it make your car look "awsome, rally sttylle menatlist nutjob" but the increased downforce from this, projects more air into the engine making it burn better and basically giving you AT LEAST 100BHP more.

Plus all the "handerling" benefits as well! It would be too much of an intimidating machine...

Hmm, well if that post made no sense at all, sorry im a bit drunk after pub:-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy