The rangie lives on.

The person who fitted the LPG moved the vacuum sphere from the spare=20 battery tray on the passenger side to the drivers side inner wing.

They appear to have reversed the vac hoses. So, revrsing them back, and putting a washer system one way valve in=20 between the t-piece and the flap opener, it now opens the flap and holds=20 until the vac switch releases it.

I also added a bottle of injector cleaner for the petrol, and wynns oil=20 additive for the rattly lifters.

I now have a rangie that idles better on petrol, idles and is setup on=20 LPG, and sounds quiter, so it must have been sticky lifters rather than=20 terminally worn pushrods/cam.

Means I will now use about =A335 of gas a week, instead of =A340 of petrol= =20 locally and =A316 of gas on the motorway. Is running much better on gas=20 than petrol still but I will only need petrol for about 5 minutes each=20 way now.

Good thing it was setup rather than hoses really. Can't find vac hose=20 cut to length anywhere locally, everywhere is in 1 metre lengths, unless=20 you want it to look like a disco and then they only have 1 2m length of=20 each one. And nobody sells vacuum gauges anymore.

From chav shops, to motorfactors, to andrew page/partco, to=20 "motorsports" places locally, nothing of any use whatso ever.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Front Line Assembly-A Decade

Elder

They appear to have reversed the vac hoses. So, revrsing them back, and putting a washer system one way valve in between the t-piece and the flap opener, it now opens the flap and holds until the vac switch releases it.

I also added a bottle of injector cleaner for the petrol, and wynns oil additive for the rattly lifters.

I now have a rangie that idles better on petrol, idles and is setup on LPG, and sounds quiter, so it must have been sticky lifters rather than terminally worn pushrods/cam.

Means I will now use about £35 of gas a week, instead of £40 of petrol locally and £16 of gas on the motorway. Is running much better on gas than petrol still but I will only need petrol for about 5 minutes each way now.

Good thing it was setup rather than hoses really. Can't find vac hose cut to length anywhere locally, everywhere is in 1 metre lengths, unless you want it to look like a disco and then they only have 1 2m length of each one. And nobody sells vacuum gauges anymore.

From chav shops, to motorfactors, to andrew page/partco, to "motorsports" places locally, nothing of any use whatso ever.

what not even ebay? so you keeping the thing now then?

Reply to
Vamp

I wanted to take pieces of the old hose and get them compared to the new=20 stuff. Yes if I ordered off ebay, or drove to Demon Tweeks at Wrexham (or mail=20 ordered from them) I could have got Samco/sFs coloured silicone, but I=20 only wanted standard cheap plain rubber vacuum hose. Shouldn't be that=20 difficult to find. And a vac gause used to be a proper piece of=20 diagnostic kit, but they are only mailorder these days it seems.

It may still be going, I want to see how much LPG it uses on a normal=20 week, and how long a tank of petrol lasts. The tanks should hold about=20 =A320-25 and I reckon that will do about 180-200 miles, but I do about 240= =20 a week, so a fill up late in the week will be needed I reckon.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Front Line Assembly-A Decade

Elder

Halfords had a Gunson vacuum gauge last time I looked.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My local one doesn't even stock radweld etc. It is flagged on the shelf, but they never have any. The shop is an outoftown superstore type place, and it used to be decent. I got my Gunsons Gas tester and Ezebleed from there. But it is really going downhill. About 1/3rd of the store is the travesty that is the Rippspeed name being mis-used, about 1/3rd is bikes and the rest of only partly stocked.

Reply to
Elder

Have you tried the Motor Factors opposite the Stag in lower Walton? I can't remember the name, but it's here:

corner of Chester Road and Morley Road.

Reply to
conkersack

I've driven past a few times, but never been in. What are they like? They are a bit out of my normal way, but will use them if needed.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

C'mon, good news.

I'm looking forwards to picking mine up in the next few days.

According to the guy it was built for it averaged between 18-24 mpg over the

17 years he had it. 18 was normally with a car trailer + Mondeo size car on...

I suspect it'll do less than 18 mpg with me driving...

Reply to
Pete M

Well, they've always had anything I've needed (which, admittedly isn't much, but they managed to source a part when Andrew Page couldn't), and if they don't have it in stock, it's either same day or next day delivery.

Reply to
conkersack

Next time I'm short of something I'll give them a go.

Reply to
Elder