The dizzie cap on the rangie.

Whipped it off to take a look.

Looks the blade on the rotor arm has actually cut into the 8 contacts.=20 There appears to be a worn rough edge, rather the normal smooth square=20 cutouts.

The very tip of the carbon button is polished but the carbon is still=20 intact.

Might be worth trying a cap and rotor arm as they are so cheap anyway.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Sounds pretty worn to me, definately worth changing. Remember to put the leads back the right way :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Yeah, but that is after one month(ish). Cheapass Halfords crap.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

Elder wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Is the rotor spindle nice and tight and doesn't have play in it?

Reply to
Tunku

innews: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

Yeah no real wobble in the spindle itself and the rotor arm fits nice and tight too.

Reply to
carl.robson

What about vertical movement ? Somethings wrong for it to knacker the distributor cap.

Reply to
Geoff

The cap did seem real tight. I do mean wedged down to hard tight, just=20 tog get the clips on though.

The rotor itself doesn't look too bad, but I'm going to swap that too.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

Show off

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Sounds like the rotor is sitting high.

Sounds like a plan. Does it run now then?

Reply to
Pete M

He's not showing off, my dizzy cap has 9 contacts..

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f34jfp$tjd$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

let me know if it does :-) I now have a driveway, and get 2 months salary this month. How quickly can I piss off new wife?

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Amateurs.

I have 2 dizzies.

Reply to
SteveH

*Steve H in 'good point' shocker!*
Reply to
Pete M

I've got none :-(

Reply to
Clive George

I now have two, too. As it happens. Infact, I have three if you include the rangie.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder

Me neither, I made a blanking plate on the side of the engine and ebayed mine ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Better than feeling dizzy.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I machined my head so it would take a dizzy

-- Chet

2002 SEAT Leon 20vT - 1994 Renault 19 16v Cabrio - 1992 Saab 9000 2.3fpt 1991 Integrale 16v - 1991 Renault 19 16v - 1983 Wife who says theres too many cars
Reply to
Chet

Ooh, sounds painful. How does the wife like it?

Reply to
Douglas Payne