Vauxhall parked outside

The women who lives next door must work for Vauxhall and shes always coming home in tigra convertibles and such like, but yesterday she rolls up in a completley different car, I have never seen or heard of these but I imagine they are related to the Monaro.

It's a black 58 plate VXR8 and I really like it, anyone else seen one and like ? It's been outside for 2 days just bumped up on the kerb and she's like 23 yrs old lol.

Reply to
Ronny

Yea, they're pretty 'imposing' aren't they? Just new last month, they stopped putting the 6.2l Corvette LS2 engine in it, and now any from new have the 6.2l LS3, so 425bhp and 405lbs/ft, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds and limited to 155mph - list price of £35,995 but I'd imagine you'd be able to haggle a nice chunk off. When they stopped selling the Monaro, the last 100 (iirc) were supercharged to 500bhp+, and the price was reduced by £1,000 - although people advised spending that on suspension and brake upgrades heh.

I sat in one at the motorshow (it was a pearl white with dark wheels, and it looked awesome[1]) for a bit, front and back, and there was so much space I could've probably done a hula dance in there. If I liked. The dash and stuff was all really cool, big, chunky and solid, all of it, and the full leather Recaros were super comfy. There was also, soft touch dash and some cupholders around, but the best bit was the extra 3 little gauges in the centre console with the oil temp and stuff, I thought they were a nice touch. Many toys too, most of if not all being standard, cruise, dual-zone climate, electric seats/mirrors/windows (front and rear for the windows), heated seats/mirrors, sat-nav, wheel controls for the stereo and probably loads I can't remember. I have a feeling the stock interior isn't leather, but half leather half alcantara, which personally I'd really prefer to be honest as then the hard wearing bits are leather, and the rest are nice to touch.

[1]
- having liked black best, I'm not sure, although white would maybe be a bit too attention grabbing to own...
Reply to
DanB

holden commodore you mean ;)

Reply to
Vamp

had a black monaro come through last year, only certain dealerships are allowed to sell them new and service them, we can sell used ones but not new and we can't service them at our place either sadly :(

the VXR8 has brake discs the size of the wheels on my mini! and go look at the rear tyres on it too, i think there 235's or maybe bigger there FAT anyway! proper car that!

Reply to
Vamp

275 lol on 19's :)

I will take a pic of it, smacked up on a kerb :)

Reply to
Ronny

I had a good poke around one at Goodwood - they are fantastic cars IMHO. A proper brute with the old school muscle charm and modern technology. I guess it's the closest thing you get to a contemporary SD1.

There's a black one that lives round near me somewhere and I think it's got one of those funky exhuasts on it where you press a button on the dash and it somehow derestricts the exhuasts or opens up some baffles or summat. Sometime it goes past and just rumbles past, other times it'll scream past sounding like a TVR.

In fact, this is the exhaust I mean:

'mazing

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'd imagine they're a bit more than 235, they were 245s on the back of my Vee hehe :-)

Reply to
DanB

Then you sir should be round there trying it on as they say.

You might get a ride both ways :-)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Crowder

yeah think someone already said think there 275 they're HUGE thats all you need to know :)

Reply to
Vamp

huh bird in accounts at work always has a new car every 2 years, her last car was a 3litre Z4 which after talking to her nicely she let me ride in and i even got a little drive to tesco and back with her in it too :) she then got a 1 series convertible this year in a nice dark bronze type colour, after sweet talking i got to have a go in that too. not sure what engine that has think it might be the 2 litre but it drove ok i quite liked it, reminded me of the old E30 due to it's small size.

my boss is always taking the piss because she's a pretty little blonde thing and all i was after was a drive in her cars, although i did say that's probably why she chats to me knowing i'm not after anything else. i wouldn't try my luck either her boyfriend is my height and 3 times as wide, hes like the one above brick shit house whatever the next one up is :)

Reply to
Vamp

Saw one of those on Friday. Best looking 1 series I've seen, the convertible.

Reply to
Elder

I like those, they remind me of spannering Commorodes and Falcons when working in Aus. You can get into a 6.2 litre V8 Commodore for about the price of a Golf GTI over there. Petrol's cheap and the government will pay to convert it to LPG.

Anything posh and imported though, very expensive. Over there, a five year old used F360M costs more than a brand new F430 does here. There's a massive "luxury tax" on any imported car worth more than 25k GBP IIRC. 25k isn't really luxury. However I think they are protectionist about their own car industry which keeps local models low priced and hammers imports. Unless they are built in kit form in Aus or they have a free trade agreement with the country of manufacture (such as Thailand, which is why they are starting to build lots of cars these days).

Reply to
fishman