2003 GT convertible as "family car"?

Hi folks,

i am considering to buy a brandnew stang convertible as a "everyday's car". I am 5ft6" - will my kids (5yr. and 9yr.)fit in the back? we currently run a 2000 sebring convertible which is to be replace by the stang (what a difference i know!).

I live in germany so i have troubles to make an "real world" test - there are not many dealers here that sell stangs.

any suggestions and may photos are appreciated...

Greez

Christian

Christian Kaas Client Server, Inter- und Intranet Development and Planning

Christian Kaas

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:43:12 +0200, Christian Kaas wrote something wonderfully witty:

Bad idea. If you even had to ask the question I won't be able to explain why.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

They are a little tight on leg room in back as the kids grow, but on the up side, kids think the car is so cool, they just don't care. Not a lot of trunk room either, but neither stopped me when my children were home.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Bad idea, there is no leg room in the back. The Mustang is not a family car. Remember, kids grow

Reply to
JimC

I regularly transport my two kids, both ~4'10" and >100 lbs, in the back of my '98 GT; sometimes with an adult in the passenger seat. At this size, they are beginning to grumble about the lack of leg room. When they get bigger, I'll have to resort to the strategy of choice: "Would you rather ride or walk?"

My Mustang is OK for short hauls, but it gets pretty cramped pretty fast -- esp. for the body that gets stuck behind this

6'3" driver.
Reply to
Bob WIllard

Well, it's a trade off. The back seat and the trunk are pretty small. So don't plan any overnighters. But you and the kids will love the car.

Reply to
.boB

Get the car for you, kids addapt pretty well, I know mine did when they were smaller, even now that they are adults they ride in the back of the stang occasionally. They liked it alot when we did doughnuts in the mall's parking lot, tire smoke and all...

Mustangs are fun for the entire family, but then again, I am an unconditional...

Enjoy!

Serge

Reply to
Serge

As long as the kids don't require a car seat, you'll probably fit OK.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1

Uh...don't you mean unconventional? ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

You bet he will. And he'll love it.

Reply to
.boB

Something I failed to mention... when I put three or four adults in my Cobra.. she squats.. I mean SQUATS.. lord help me if I need to go over a speed bump, or in a driveway that has much of a rise at all. With 4 adults, I'm really uncomfortable with how the car feels overloaded weight wise.

I believe my car was lowered a bit before I got it though, it has always seemed lower than my GT.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

"Christian K." wrote

The kids love rising in the Mustang when driving around town, but there is no way I would take the Mustang on a long trip with 4 people. So - for a back-up family car, it's fine but for the primary, I'd get something with more room.

To compare with what you have now, we had an Avenger (Dodge's 'Sebring') as the family car, and it was fine, but the Mustang's back seat is nowhere near roomy enough to act as a replacement (for us, we went the minivan route).

Reply to
J Alex

Makes it more interesting. A piece of conversation for sure...

Reply to
Serge

If I can cram a cooler full of beer... Myself at 6'2.. My Friend at 5'6... and FOUR girls..

and 2 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk..

into a 2000 V6...simoultaneously

Then you can fit your kids in the back....

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose
*bites tongue*....*hard*
Reply to
Greg B.

I knew the second that sentence found itself on my screen, I would probably regret it, but then I thought what the heck. ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Keep watching what Kate and I post and you'll start posting the same. Our type of sick sense of humor is catching! Most importantly: HAVE FUN!!

Reply to
Greg B.

I'm already thinking it fifty percent of the time, and spending the other fifty trying NOT to say what I'm thinking. ;-)

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

I...was gonna ask something here but....bit my tongue off at the last second. ;)

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose