'66 mustang with 302 engine, C3 transmission

Hi,

I'am looking at buying a 1966 Mustang Convertible. It's gonna be my first Mustang, so I'm not fully knowledgeable on all Mustang issues, but have read up on models engines etc.

Originally this car came with a V6, which has now been replaced with a 302 V8 and a C3 transmission. It has the dual exhaust on the back (the chrome ones)

My questions are:

- Is this an acceptable combination (302 in combination with C3 transmission).

- Are there different models of the 302 engine and are there differences

- Are there points I should look at carefully

Thanks in advance and greetings from Holland,

Michel

Reply to
Michel Wets

Michel,

If your car originally came with a 6 cylinder (straight 6, not a V6), you need to be aware that the suspension, brakes, and cooling system are different, and that hopefully these items were swapped over during the conversion processes. As for the 302, yes, plenty of direct models, your going to need to provide us with casting codes off the block and heads before we can tell you anything else about this.............In closing, just like any other Mustang of the 60's, rust is a major factor...............Look closely at the floors, inner fender panels, rockers, trunk floor, and frame rails for any signs of rust or poor rust repair................

Bill S.

Michel Wets wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

No, I drove a V8 '66 for many years that had drum brakes (non-power, even) on all four wheels. I think the discs were optional. Wish I'd had them.

Paul

Reply to
Paul