Best Supercharger for 04 GT ?

Hi All,

I have an 04 40th Anniversary GT Vert and have been looking into supercharger kits. I'm leaning towards a Kenne Bell intercooled @ 8psi from what Ive researched, but wanted to get input from some people who have installed one.

Any opinions or tips would be much appreciated.

thanks,

GT

Reply to
Recon_

Michael Johnson, PE

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Next question, would a chip be required or is it an optional component with those items? Would the stock rear be able to handle it I suppose is the question I should have asked.

You might want to chech out the forced induction forums at SVTPerformance http://67.15.62.79/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74 or ModularFords

for the answersyour looking for. Read the posts that interest you and/or search for thetopics you have questions about. I'm not trying to steer you away fromRAMFM, I check it out every day, but I think you'll more easily find theanswers you need in one of those forums.

Reply to
WraithCobra

GT,

Powerdyne and Paxton Superchargers will give you and your Ford Mustang the most bang for the buck. Both are comparable or better than the Kenne Bell, especially if you want to push 8psi. All three have very strong reputations, so it comes down to personal preferences and how deep your pockets are.

Have a good one and Good Luck.

-Tom

Fast Auto Sports

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
FastAutoSports

The Kenne Bell 9 psi kit comes with EVERYTHING you will need to install the blower. That includes a chip, fuel injectors etc. You won't need to buy anything else. The 9 psi kit will give you about 400 rwhp/rwtq (manual tranny) on a bone stock engine with stock exhaust. You can bump those numbers up to around 450 rwhp/rwtq by installing a larger throttle body, cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust from the manifolds back. KB sells a well engineered kit that doesn't leave anything out. They will even reburn the chip for free should you need it in order to dial the tune in.

As for whether the car can handle it depends > Next question, would a chip be required or is it an optional component

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Excellant links Mike, thanks.

Reply to
Recon_

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I haven't installed a blower on my car, but I hafta agree.. I've heard nothing but good things about Kenne Bell & doing my own research & speaking with some representatives there... they seem to know what they are doing. A local 02 GT has a KB blown Mustang... blue.. beautiful car & runs like a BEAST!! Extremely torquey & gobs of HP at the top-end. I am thoroughly impressed. I've heard good things about Vortech as well, but as Michael pointed out... add in everything & you'll be right under or at the cost of a KB... but you don't get the torque of a KB twin-screw blower from any centrifugal blower ;).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Id go with a ATI Pro charger...

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Actually we sell any supercharger, turbo or twin turbo that is made for 'stangs. If its not on our site, it won't suprise me as we have over 600 manufacturers that we deal with so ...... there just isnt enough hours in the day to get them all on there. I am, along with the wife, also the contract writer, webmaster, sales associate, order taker, CFO, inventory/stock, etc, etc. During the day I am an aviation electro-mechanical engineer in the United States Navy defending your freedoms and protecting our great nation from whomever our politicians say the enemy is.

KB -- Never heard anything bad either.

Paxton -- Nothing but good things.

Eaton -- Kinda high, easy to rebuild lol OEM

Powerdyne -- Alas less expensive, but have yet to hear any of my customers complain about belt issues, so I can't speak on that matter.

Vortech -- My personal choice. Great product.

Last comment -- Personal preference divided by deep pockets!

-Tom

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
FastAutoSports

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Seconded.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

People People People,

One, I don't need to go "mining". My customers and dealers do a great job. Two, I will admit that I am not a "know it all" :) Sorry. But I never said I was. When you deal with over 600 manufacturers, its kinda hard to know EVERYTHING about EVERY product they make. And if someone says they do, well I guess they are a "know it all". But since I am only 31 years old, I can't possibly know everything, YET :) But my ego does tell me I know quite a bit about alot of things.

My comments about Powerdyne were based SOLELY on my experiences with my customers. None of those 300-something people have had any problems. Future problems?, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Hell, I bet I can have a comment on just about anything, just like you.

If I was smarter, (like I said, I am not a "know it all"), I would have recommended ATI or Vortech, because it makes more "business sense" for me ;)

Have had an Eaton or two come back, but things brake, all manufacturers have QA departments, so obviously none of them are perfect. Funny, but those two also bought a KB at a later time. So maybe they share your opinions.

So yes you are probably being cynical, but thats ok, that's why I serve our country everyday, so you and others can be.

The gentleman asked for some opinions and recommendations, and I gave mine, based on my customers feedback and experience.

Others have gave thier opinions and I have not "jumped" on them like flies on, well you know...............

Like I said, PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND DEEP POCKETS!!!

Oh BTW, send me a KB part # and I will send a price.

Have a good evening.

-Tom

Reply to
FastAutoSports

If you don't know what works well and what doesn't then you shouldn't post like you are an authority. If I don't know the topic in question then I don't reply or I qualify my answer. Otherwise, I'll read and keep quite because I might learn something. You're finding that we just don't take well to vendors making recommendations for parts they sell from a for profit business. It's the equivalent of the fox guarding the hen house.

Having just admitted that you don't know it all, and hence the lack of knowledge on Powerdyne blower problems, just reinforces our position to not trust vendors who use this group to mine for customers.

BTW, what's your price for a KB kit for a '99-'04 GT and how many of those kits have you sold? Are you an authorized retailer with Kenne Bell?

FastAutoSports wrote:

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Waiting for Kate's input here. ;-)

JohnV@nn

Reply to
teeces

LMAO, are we like in High School or something. I did what I did because I was requested. And NO I am not going to play your childish games and give you names and phone numbers LOL I mean, are you a WD or something? Want references? LOL come one man! LOL. So no, I don't think so. I am not going to do something unlawful nor unethical to satify your need for importance.

I respect this group's Charter. Rules are rules and I have followed them since they were brought to my attention. Of course, not by you. By an ethical member and enthusiast.

Like I said, lets go to Australia, if you can get off that computer long enough, since you obviously want a pissing contest, but still have not figured out what it is.

Oh one more thing. There is NOT one person who is an expert on over

600 Manufacturer lines. Not even me. I am just man enough to admit it. I never said I couldn't find out. If I can keep our country's high-tech 10's of millions of dollar Jets flying with thier miles of wiring, HP measured in thousands of pounds of thrust, Mach 2 speed, well I am sure I can find a part number and get reliability statistics for whatever is manufactured.

Everyone has thier favorite products. Do you know what mine are? WHATEVER sells, because I am here to provide a service to the enthusiast. What they want, is what I can get. Most enthusiasts are thier own experts, do thier own research, they know what they want for thier vehicles. I just make it happen.

Have a good evening, and please don't stay on the computer all the time. Its not good for your wrists, eyesite and computers along with their monitors emits a small amount of radiation. Hopefully you have a flatscreen, cuts back on the radiation alittle.

Have a good evening.

Your Pissing Contest Buddy.

-Tom

PS Whenever you feel that you have graduated from High School, we could get off this dead horse.

Reply to
FastAutoSports