Dang cleaner wax!!!

I just noticed that it scratched the living bejeezus outta my car! Meguiars cleaner wax... I refuse to use it again! I scrubbed & scrubbed my car as much as I could to get what wax I could off... then I used Meguiars (b/c it's never failed me... 'cept then) 3 step system.. the deep cleaner, polish, and wax... except I skipped the deep cleaner b/c 1.) I washed the hell out of the car already 2.) I didn't have enough money LOL.

I must say... my car is absolutely the most reflective & attractive it has ever been. Even using just the polish & wax... holy crap it looks great! The polish is an EXCELLENT scratch remover too! I was shocked shitless.

And no.. I don't work for Meguiars nor am I affiliated with them... I just like their products.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset

Hey Mike... I would suggest that it wasn't the cleaner/wax. Perhaps...

-your application pad/cloth was contaminated

-whatever you washed the car with was contaminated (someone dropped it on the floor and didn't rinse it out)

-the scratches were caused by inappropriate application ie:rubbing too hard in one spot

just my 2 cent's worth...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Kate, normally I'd blame myself too... but my other buddy in a 95 GT bitched & bitched that it did it to his dad's vette as well. It COULD be my fault.... but I mean somebody else having the same problem.. dunno... maybe he sucks too. All I know is that the Meguiars polish (step 2) removed *all* minor scratches with extreme ease & brought out a beautiful "wet" shine... and then the Meguiars carnuba (spelling?) wax (step 3) made it extremely glossy. It's extremely reflective.. I love it. It got 4 compliments over at teh car wash.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

uh.....never mind.

Reply to
wabbitslayer

I just used klasse all in one over the weekend and I must say I Was impressed with the result. With minor effort I had a spotless/scratchless finish that looked better than new. I only did part of the car to see how it compares after a car wash with the rest. They claim this stuff will stick for months.

Rein

Yeah I was *dying* to try Klasse All-In-One... but I couldn't find any

*anywhere*. Called all the local auto shops & nobody has it. Where did you get it? I don't really wanna order it off the internet...

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I read your other post in "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning"... the cleaner wax I used was a paste-type..... lord that was a PITA to get on & off.. but the Meguiars liquid stuff I used was extremely easy to get on & off. I love it. I still want to try Klasse A-I-O though.. I'll use it the next time I hafta polish/wax my car... I'm curious as to how long this Meguiars carnuba wax will hold up. Be sure ya keep me updated on how long that Klasse lasts please =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

yup, I got it online. Autopia has it. Easy to apply and 'should' last much longer. I used to use mcguiar's before this. Same effort to apply really. Maybe even easier since there's less dust after you're done. With the mcguiar.s stuff I always had to shake off the dust a lot. Hardly the case with klasse.

Rein