Erratic Canadian gas prices

For you Americans, you are used to a steady rise in the price over time. Come to Canada, prices vary by the DAY. In fact, over the last week, the price went like this: Monday $0.87 litre. Tues $0.84 litre. Wed $0.91 litre. Thurs $0.86 litre. Fri $0.83 litre. Late Fri $0.91 litre.

Conversion to U.S. gallons/dollars: Our dollar = $0.74 U.S. One U.S. gallon = 3.8 litres.

In U.S. $ per U.S. gal terms, thats a fluctuation of of between $2.32 to $2.56 gal, in one week. Either we have the most true to capitalist gas pricing (immediately responds to demand/supply conditions) or there is massive collusion between oil companies. Since price increases are geared toward weekends and holidays, it's hard to tell which is true, maybe both. -Rich

Reply to
Richard

It's not just Canada... thats what it's like for all of north america... Three days ago I paid $1.97 at a Costco gas station (Usually 20 cents cheaper then the private stations), the next day it was $2.20... Now it's up to $2.50. Then it will go back down to $2.09 one day... it's crazy. Later, Shaun!

--------

Check out my Homepage

delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!

Reply to