Need picture of "Got a Hemi" decal

I'm looking for a high quality, high resolution picture of the decal "Yeah, It's got a Hemi"

TIA :D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:_YBLe.259$ej5.70 @lakeread05:

I always wanted onna those for my 82 Escort 1.6L SW. ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Why not just make your own - image that is? Do you have PSP ?

Reply to
SVTKate

Yabut, I need to get a good look at it for a lay out. Mine will have, umm; slightly different wording on it. :-P

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

: > Why not just make your own - image that is? : > Do you have PSP ? : >

: : Yabut, I need to get a good look at it for a lay out. Mine will : have, umm; slightly different wording on it. :-P : :

Imagine MY surprise! I'll keep my eyes open.

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah, It eats a Hemi.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

: > Imagine MY surprise! : > I'll keep my eyes open. : >

: >

: : Yeah, It eats a Hemi. :

Do Hemi's give you heartburn?

Reply to
SVTKate

No, I take Prilosec daily. Did you know, it's not *really* a hemi? It's a Chrysler marketing ploy.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Hawgman

Actually, this one is better...

Hawgman

: > : > Imagine MY surprise! : > : > I'll keep my eyes open. : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : Yeah, It eats a Hemi. : > : : >

: > Do Hemi's give you heartburn? : >

: >

: : No, I take Prilosec daily. Did you know, it's not *really* a hemi? : It's a Chrysler marketing ploy.

Really? S'plain ot to me Lucy. I pay absolutely no attention to them to tell the truth, though my brother who is a mopar or no car man, might be interested. He just bought a Dodge truck, with a Hemi in it.

Reply to
SVTKate

That's what I'm looking for, only bigger.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

No he didn't :oP The heads do not have hemisperical combustion chambers, it has canted valves, but no circles. Google it, there's a couple of articles about it on the Internet. I have to say I was surprised and a little miffed. It's a little amusing actually, because that is some of the grief the diehard Dodge boys would give a friend of mine on AOL about his Boss 429. "It's NOT a hemi head, it's a canted valve." He used the name FordHemi so he was kind of looking for it. Oh and tell him if he gets beside a Nissan Titan at a light, it's best to bow out gracfully than to LOOOOOOOHOOHOOHOOHOOO-OOOSE. :oP

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"SVTKate" wrote in news:gR9Me.8225$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

WF comes through again. Just when I think he's reached the height (or would it be 'bottom'?) of moronity, he tops himself.

The term 'Hemi' refers to the shape of the top of the combustion chamber, i.e., the head. Heads on new Hemis have this shape just as the old ones did.

There are tons of web sites out there full of information - just google 'hemi', 'new hemi', or 'chrysler hemi' (or just plain 'hemi') and you'll find out anything you want to know. Much better to do your own research than rely on moronic posts from idiots like WF.

Reply to
Joe

Here is a comparison of the new hemi and the Boss 429 heads.

Here is a 426 with cross ram intake, look at the cut away of the head on the left

Old hemi illst. compared to a flathead.

New Hemi Illst. "Pentroof Hemi" it looks like a wedge to me, but "wedge" wasn't ever patented.

And
:-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

This is copied from allpar.com

The Hemi design combustion chamber is one of the poorest designs for emissions - why do you think it took so long to get it into production? It almost did NOT make emissions test requirements even with the modifications. ... Today's Hemi is that (a "Hemi") in name only. [Editor's note: Bob is referring to the head design. It is not a true hemispherical head, but looks vaguely like a hemispherical head with parts filled in.]

And here is a picture of the new Hemi

the valves are twisted 90*, the combustion chamber is shaped more like a wedge head chamber.

Reply to
Gill

A *very* successful one.

Reply to
John C.

I'll foorward this to him. It should make for interesting reading.

: > Really? S'plain ot to me Lucy. : > I pay absolutely no attention to them to tell the truth, though my brother : > who is a mopar or no car man, might be interested. He just bought a Dodge : > truck, with a Hemi in it : : : No he didn't :oP The heads do not have hemisperical combustion : chambers, it has canted valves, but no circles. Google it, there's a : couple of articles about it on the Internet. I have to say I was : surprised and a little miffed. It's a little amusing actually, because : that is some of the grief the diehard Dodge boys would give a friend of : mine on AOL about his Boss 429. "It's NOT a hemi head, it's a canted : valve." He used the name FordHemi so he was kind of looking for it. Oh : and tell him if he gets beside a Nissan Titan at a light, it's best to : bow out gracfully than to LOOOOOOOHOOHOOHOOHOOO-OOOSE. :oP : : -- : : "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony... : clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Reply to
SVTKate

"Joe" wrote : : WF comes through again. Just when I think he's reached the height (or : would it be 'bottom'?) of moronity, he tops himself. : : The term 'Hemi' refers to the shape of the top of the combustion : chamber, i.e., the head. Heads on new Hemis have this shape just as : the old ones did. : : There are tons of web sites out there full of information - just : google 'hemi', 'new hemi', or 'chrysler hemi' (or just plain 'hemi') : and you'll find out anything you want to know. Much better to do your : own research than rely on moronic posts from idiots like WF.

Well Joe, that's according to YOU. Personally, I like WF, and you are rarely particularly joyful to be around, AND I could give a shit if they are real hemis or not, it would only be one more thing to tease my little brother with, factual or not, it is all for fun Sooooooo lighten up will ya!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Want me to make it for ya? I have a great hi res ram, took the pic from hy little brudder's hood awhile back.

OR I could just email you the RAM and you could PSP your own!

Better yet, here is a great emblem....

: : That's what I'm looking for, only bigger. : : -- : : "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony... : clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Reply to
SVTKate