Question: Edelbrock manifold

My '71 Grande has an Edelbrock Performer LB 351-4V manifold. What does the "LB" stand for?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

LoBotomized.

yes, make the phone call.

Reply to
Anabaena Microcystis

Now... and this is just an off the wall kinda thing... did it ever occur to you that if somebody is gonna know, it will probably be

Jim Warman

Been there, thanks. They don't list it. My guess is Large Bore but that is redundant. Probably some obsolete super design the EPA ruled out years ago. Fortunately, these old cars don't need smog tests anymore. Anyone know why?

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

Best explanation yet. It is, after all, just a hunk of aluminum.

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

If you really want to know, email them. With few exceptions, I have had very good results by asking direct questions of a wide range of companies and subjects.

Reply to
Spike

Edelbrock did reply to my email. Stands for "Low Deck". Now I need to research what that means.

Thanks for the reply

mike

Reply to
goodnigh

So call them. They should have an 800 number.

Reply to
Spike

Just a wild guess, but looking through my Edelbrock catalog for LB or lb, most of the 351 manifolds require a Lokar bracket if you have Ford automatic overdrive in your transmission.

Reply to
cprince

Reply to
Cobra65K

the early 351w engine had a slightly lower deck height than later

351w's for more compression. deck height refers to the height of the block or cylinders
Reply to
Winze

This engine is a Cleveland and has the quenched compression heads, (10.7:1 CR) so that makes a lot of sense.

Reply to
goodnigh

I replaced the original air cleaner with your basic 14" round bonnet. It came with a 3" tall filter which would not fit under the hood. Had to go to a 1.5" filter. There is a spacer block between the manifold and carb.

On a different tangent, what is the purpose of the spacer block?

Reply to
goodnigh

LB for "low deck "makes sense then because the 351C has a shorter block(deck height) than the 351w

Reply to
Winze