Re: transmission id

i have a 3 speed manual 3.03 variety. the id tag says it's a RAN T > tranny.

> anyone know what it came out of? specs? it's in my 65 mustang and > hold up great. only those aren't the numbers for a mustang tranny of > that vintage. who know where i got it. 15 years ago i split the case > on the original HEF 3.03 trans and the countershaft hit the pavement. > I'd just like to know what i'm using at this point, > Chip

Was browsing through my 69 shop manual, which indicated all "RAN" model applications for that year were used with 6 cylinder engines and most shifter locations from the column. These were RAN-AL/RAN-AM/RAN-AN and RAN-AZ. There was no RAN-T for that particular year. However it took me a while to find a link, that indicates a RAN-T for 1967/68 Fairlane/Falcon applications with column shift. Can't say if this is accurate information. Perhaps someone in here with either a 67/68 Ford shop manual can verify a RAN-T transmission model and application. Try this link and scroll down to the bottom and look for RAN-T highlighted in yellow...

HTH

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

that's the closest i've gotten yet. but it is a floor shift tranny. it very well could be a fairlane unit. it's held up to a wheel stand or 2. i've been happy with it, just curious in case i need parts. most parts guys today can't do anything unless they know what it came out of. thank you. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein