Replacement fuse box for '66

Anyone know where I can get one? My fuse box contacts are all pretty nasty, and it's causing my accessory fuse to *melt* - not blow through too much current, but melt through heating. I've had a brief look at some online Mustang parts places, but couldn't find anything.

Any links/tips/offers gratefully received....

Boggis

Reply to
Dr. Boggis

Would bet that Colorado Mustang will have one.

Phone: (303) 343-7036 Fax: (303) 343-6580

For Orders call:

877-687-8864

Or Just click here to email us at snipped-for-privacy@coloradomustang.com

Gerry

Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

Thanks for the tip. I'm trying to avoid replacing the whole harness, as I'm trying to save for our wedding(!) and don't reckon I could do the job myself - i.e. expensive shop bill (again).

Reply to
Dr. Boggis

Not to be the killjoy here, but the main fuse box is an integral part of the wiring harness. Start messing around with trying to pull wires and replace them in another fuse box assembly, and your just asking for a bigger headache. Save your money for a new harness assembly, for if your old fuse box is starting to disintegrate, the actual wiring harness is not far behind. Just my own two cents worth on this subject.

Yours In Restoring Fords,

Bill S.

Dr. Boggis wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

In your first post you stated the contacts were nasty. Has cleaning them had any benefit? Although given the location that's probably a bigger pain than replacing it. If it's more than dirty contacts and I would guess melting fuses is more than that, actual wire resistance going up too high then it's pointless not to do the whole thing.

Reply to
Brent P