Rumour Has It The Camaro WILL Return in 2007

Yes, the rumours are flying. The design for the next Camaro, unlike the next-generation Mustang, will _not_ be retro. Expect a look something along the lines of the recent SS concept. The standard Z/28 will use a 5.3 liter V8 pumping out about 320-340 horsepower, and the SS will make 400 horsepower using a normally-aspirated 6-liter engine.

Get ready to run Mustang because the pony car war isn't over...

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Good news. Pony car good.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

I wish Ford wasn't going retro *sigh*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Patrick -

What's the deal man? Why are all your posts pro-other makes/models? If you don't like your mustang, sell it! Your posts all seem like your trying to start something...luckily I don't think there are too many hotheads here anymore.

Anyway, maybe i'm reading too much in to this. If I am, sorry...it's just the last 5 or 6 posts from you have been chrysler/GM/Isuzu related...

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

Yea I agree, you are reading to much into this :). But have a nice weekend anyways.

David

Reply to
Mustang GT

Hey Nick, the thing I notice about Patrick's posts are they are always something copied and pasted from another site, generally with a link to a URL and a HEY! lookie at this! then the complete lack of participation in the thread.

my .02 worth.

Kate

| > Get ready to run Mustang because the pony car war isn't over... | >

| > Patrick | > '93 Cobra | > '83 LTD | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah, just sounding a bit too much like troll food to me...

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

Nick,

Check out my NG history. You'll find I've been reporting on other makes/models in this NG since, forever. I've always liked to stay abreast of the ever changing automotive landscape. It fascinates me. And things just keep getting better and more interesting. We are truly living in the Golden Age of automobiles.

I'm not married to my car. I still look at other makes and models; I also love to test drive them. Next weekend I'll be taking a new Crossfire for a spin. However, this looking/test driving other vehicles doesn't mean I don't like my car. I do. If I didn't, I'd be going through hell, since I've been driving a Fox car since '87.

I'm not. Just trying to inform. Nothing wrong with knowing what's going on in the big automotive world, right? And besides, Camaro is damn near synonymous with Mustang. What happens to one affects the other.

I figured all the "hotheads", and everyone else, would know me, or know about me, by now.

You are. Chill... just read the info, comment on it if you like, and press... Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

What bothers ME is the use of this fruity Anglophilic spelling of "rumor" in the header. I can just see his curled little fingers as he typed it.

But seriously, the reason Patrick copies and pastes is he's such a lousy typist. And for years he's typed pages and pages of posts into the NG, only to have no one else respond much at all to his generosity. Check the archives. You can't fault this guy for non-participation.

And as far as the Cambird returning, that can only be good for the Mustang. (Check NoOP's post again. That is his actual point.) Look at what lack of competition did to the US auto industry as a whole in the '70's if you doubt that.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Kate,

In my case, lack of participation means lack of time. I just don't have enough. If it weren't for my school work I wouldn't be on this computer to post in this NG at all. So if you like my posts, be happy I'm still here, at least a little bit. If you don't like my posts, be happy I don't have more free time.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

It's all good food for thought. Let's not forget--ignoring other makes & models has gotten Detroit into worlds of hurt over the last 25 years.

We should all know what's out there. Some of Patrick's posts really spark my interest--depending on the vehicles and the content. (sorry, that drifting thread still makes me laugh--at the concept) This particular thread--to me--simply spells more of the same out of the Camarobirds: excellent cars for going in a straight line very fast. Just make sure you don't crash (you'll likely be killed), don't try to turn, don't ask why such a big car has so little room, don't get bothered by the pieces falling off of it, and forget about explaining to your passengers why there's a big hump in the floor under their feet. What a great ownership experience I had. (end of rant)

The fact that Mustangs are evolving is a good thing. That new design--which I thought was putrid at first--is beginning to grow on me. I'm bummed that it won't have independant rear suspension, but I'm sure that will be optional.

Vic

2kGT 5m blk suspension upgrades
Reply to
Victor DiMichina

ME too! I hate misspelled words in the thread title. Annoys the heck out of me. But, on the upside, at least I didn't spell Camaro, Camero.

Lets just say, calling me any sort of typist, is an overstatement.

Or I got the negative type... and tons of it. 180 knows what I'm talking about.

I've always tried to bring something to the NG. But now my time is just so limited. Here's my week: Family = wife and two kids, 40 plus hours of work, 8-10 hours in the gym, 5 hours of commuting, new house = lots of projects (started painting a bedroom this weekend) / yard = lots of yard work, plus school work. Do the math... I don't sit down much.

Exactly. I'm stoked to see it coming back. I just hope they get it right this time. And all they need to do is a smallish coupe with short overhangs, purposeful styling, a good seating position, and the LS1 engine for motivation.

And it does sound like it's coming back. The initial planning started about two years ago, and now the chassis and drivetrain are being looked at.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I dunno, I dig the retro styling. Of course, I like CHiPs too, you be the judge :) Sam(uel) '95 GT not stock anymore

Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
Marauder302

Sorry... The last several threads I saw from you were copies of articles. Forgive me for being mean?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate