240 SX '92 Rear Calipers

How can I compress the rear calipers, I try to push them in but is impossible?

Reply to
Juan Moreira

I've used a large C-clamp to compress caliper pistons.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Reply to
DRiFT

They may need to be turned a certain way -- the pistons rotated to a certain position I mean -- in order for you to be able to push them in.

Consult a service manual like a Haynes or Chilton (Pep Boys/Checker/Kragen/AutoZone)...it will tell you how to do it.

Good luck,

John D.

Reply to
John D.

DO NOT push in calipers for wheels where emergency brake cable are attached to. (Brake cable connected to them) They must be rotated in. Part of the design to self adjust the emergency brake gap to compensate when the pads gradually wear thin. Consult a Haynes or Chilton at your municipal library.

Daniel Montreal

Reply to
Daniel