Frontier mileage

Got an 03Frontier Crew Cab long bed with the super charged engine. Mileage rating is 15/18 but I'm getting a little over 12. The way I drive I usually get at or better than listed values but not this time. Is this pretty typical of these trucks? If so then isn't this false advertising?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Many things will make you get less.

1) Supercharged engines will use more fuel when running around town. If you have an Auto, then click off the O/D for around town " Up to 45-50mph " 2) If you have less than 3k on it, let it break in.. it will take about that many miles for the everything to settle.

- I was getting 19.6 on the HWY until I put on the Front Deflector and dropped the tire pressure down

5psi. I now have 4k on it and am getting 17 - 19 mpg. I also have the NA with SLR intake and Exhaust. NISSAN accepted by the way, so it will not void warranty. And I have an estimated crank HP of 200 with 218 torque.. As you know, unless we PULL the engine we can only go off the Dyno rear reading. .x .s . . . .
Reply to
ZTech

In SoCal driving I am getting 18mpg in my 03 Fronty, NA, auto, crew cab and long bed.

Reply to
iBuyMinis.Us

See the other posts... but as to the "false advertising", that's an EPA figure. Nissan does not estimate mileage. Even the EPA puts disclaimers all over it.

Reply to
Bob

My customer service guy said that he's also got an Xterra that's only getting

10 mpg. The service guy wanted to argue with me about the number and what they mean. It's getting checked out tomorrow morning. I read an article yesterday that explains it all. Makes a lot of sense and enforces the idea that I should be getting better than 12.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Bob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If I drive mine very gently I can get 16 around town. If I drive it regularly I get 14

Reply to
MRK