Fuel gauge not working on 95 pathfinder?

Hello:) All the gauges including the temp gauge work fine. The fuel gauge is stuck on empty... Could this be a bad gauge or sending unit in the tank? Is there an access for the sending unit or does the tank have to be dropped? Thanks :)Nat

Reply to
:

Your fuse must be broke. What about the rest of the gauges?

Reply to
Tim

Could be fuse, guage, or sender. I'd get a service manual. Oh, duh, I had a '95 and the manual is still around. The resistance across the sender should read

3.8 to 8.5 Ohms full, 83.6 to 93.6 Ohms empty. I'd check it full first. There's also a point on the back of the instrument panel that you can ground briefly (less than 10 seconds), and the guage should go to full scale.

There's a pretty good description of how to test it all on pages EL40-41 of the '94 service manual ('95s used the '94 service manual plus a supplement).

Dunno about access, on my '01 it's easy, there's an access hole in the floor.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

Hello, Thanks guys..it was the connection on the sender. I was able to get through the floor in the rear carg area. Thanks again!! :)

Reply to
: