Opinion on this SR20De

Went to have a look at a gorgeous Nissan Primera P11 today. Was virtually prepared to buy it. It was clean, perhaps too clean for an eight year old - frankly my first reaction is that it had been resprayed...

But body work was spectacular.

The only things that put me off...

Electric Window switch was sticking... Gear change on 1st to 2nd caused an unusual clonking sound... The engine was warm when I went to view... The engine seemed to lack power...

Don't get me wrong here... it was an SR20De, and it certainly had some oomph in 1st gear, but going up a hill was a nightmare. Had to drag it into 3rd to make any progress. You could press the accelerator all the way down and it wouldn't do anything.

I plugged my Blazt cable in, and all the sensors looked fine, and yet it seemed to lack power.

The engine looked fine under the filler cap, no gunk.

Oh and the car veered off to one side, but he said it was because the tire was underinflated.

Have I passed up a bargain, or have I safely ignored a Piece of S***?

Reply to
Simon Dean

Inflate the tire and give it another test drive if it still does it then there is a suspension problem.

Can't go up a hill - sounds like the catalytic converter is plugged.

But body work was spectacular.

The only things that put me off...

Electric Window switch was sticking... Gear change on 1st to 2nd caused an unusual clonking sound... The engine was warm when I went to view... The engine seemed to lack power...

Don't get me wrong here... it was an SR20De, and it certainly had some oomph in 1st gear, but going up a hill was a nightmare. Had to drag it into 3rd to make any progress. You could press the accelerator all the way down and it wouldn't do anything.

I plugged my Blazt cable in, and all the sensors looked fine, and yet it seemed to lack power.

The engine looked fine under the filler cap, no gunk.

Oh and the car veered off to one side, but he said it was because the tire was underinflated.

Have I passed up a bargain, or have I safely ignored a Piece of S***?

Bloody eBay auctions never give you enough time to try to diagnose the issue.... Hrm.... Ok, so, maybe it's the cat, slap some new leads, rotor, distributor cap on, we're talking £850 + £200 + £50 + £110 for missing parcel shelf = £1200... without guarantees of a fix....

Ok Ta Sim> Inflate the tire and give it another test drive if it still does it then

Reply to
Simon Dean

It takes a lot to kill an SR20De, so I wouldn't touch it.

Reply to
Steve B