Shifting problems...clutch or gearbox?

Hi everybody(sorry about possible miss-spelling writers origin finnish...)

I bought a -94 Nissan Sunny 1.4 Xi 5 door just last friday! Seems like a reasonably good purchase but I´m having problems with shifting gears. everything else works just fine but when shifting from 1. gear to 2. I can hear and feel a little noise and a "krank" coming from the gearbox. Someone sai that the problem is in the clutch disc. That it seems to be worn out or used...U get the idea... Other friend said that the problem is in the gearbox. the synchronizating wheels between 1. and 2. seem to be going out! Which should I do first? chance the disc, bearing and pressurething in the gearbox or should I expect problems with the gearbox in near future? Personally I suspect the clutch disc ´cause the screw adjustment over the gearbox in the engineroom has been tightened to the end. Isn`t that a hint of a worn disc?

New owner, old fan( to Nissan)

Reply to
Ville