Smoke!

I've got a 2001 Maxima with 17000 miles on it. Needless to say it doesn't get driven very much. Yesterday I took it out for the first time in a while and drove about 30 minutes on the interstate to a friends house for Easter. Drove back and put the car in the garage. Started it today and a large puff of smoke came out of the tail pipe. Never did that before. What could this be from?

Reply to
Grey_Max

What color was the smoke?

Reply to
JimV

White. Looked like oil smoke, but could something have gone wrong that fast to cause an oil smoke cloud behind the car. Had a peculiar smell to it too. Not like oil smoke, not like unburned gas, not the old converter "egg smell" either.

Reply to
Grey_Max

Reply to
TopPoster

How much time did you noticed the white smoke, or ir it continously exhausting white smoke for how many time?

Reply to
gansen

Reply to
john smith

possibely ur head gasket on it way out u may need a new 1

Reply to
kitt2005

Could it be dead body shoved up the tail pipe and burned?

Reply to
Mark Levitski

that would sure make it smoke.

Reply to