The Z vs. the Corvette

The touring would cost $38,000 while a 2001-04 pre-owned Corvette in excellent or mint condition would cost about the same. I think I will take the Corvette.

A brand new Corvette will cost around $52,000, total cost.

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

And you'll still be driving a Chevrolet, just one with a big motor and independent suspension. Enjoy.

Reply to
Bob

Smart move, get the Vette.

You won't be sorry.

The new Z's are crap, I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me.

Reply to
NissTech

I don't like the 2005 model. It's kinna ugly.

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

The other bonus a vette has is resale value. After the first year or two, the price holds well for a long time.

Reply to
Steve T

After doing the Bob Bondurant driving school with the C5's I'm here to tell you that while the Vette does ok on a road coarse, it has it's share of problems. Most notably major understear (push) in the middle of the corner and very tight off the corner under acceleration.

I would take the 350Z in track form any day. With the Vette, you get a car with a high HP engine, marginal handling and less than marginal interior build quality. It really is a shame that the Vette still uses "parts bin" parts that can be found on the F-body's and other GM passenger cars.

Regards,

-- Matt Costanza Austin, Tx USA

Reply to
Matt Costanza

Thats a pretty broad statement. Care to elaborate?

Regards,

-- Matt Costanza Austin, Tx USA

Reply to
Matt Costanza

Yeah, and? I've driven both cars. They handle equally. Different, but equally.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Comparatively I would call the Vette's handling not marginal, but something you have to get used to over the Z. Of course with the torque of the LS 6 you don't really have to worry about it :-p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I've never bought anything with four wheels that wasn't a Nissan: '72 240Z new, won a bunch of autocrosses with it, picked up my late wife with it, who was driving a '75 'vette and an '68 Firebird 400 convertible at the time (well, not BOTH at the SAME time ;-)) '70 Pickup, very used '87 Pathfinder, new '95 Pathfinder, new '01.5 Pathfinder, new

I inherited my wife's '87 'vette. It handles better on street tires than the

240Z did on slicks. It looks a LOT better than the 350Z, which, while not as ugly as a Pontiac Aztec, or that BOXY Honda SUV, or the new Nissan van, isn't a lot better. Heck, the Pathpuppies look better than the 350Z.

Sorry folks, but the 350Z ain't pretty.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

The 350Z is a nice looking car both in exterior and interior. But it's boxy and it seems as though it's made for one person about 5'8". If it were bigger, I would seriously consider buying one. But for now it looks like it's the Corvette.

the 240Z did on slicks.

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

Reply to
TopPoster

Yeah, it's kind of tight inside.

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

Reply to
TopPoster

Please dude a brand new Z or a vette.. that's 3years old and driven by someone else...

Lets see?? the Z.. its a no brainer... also the vette is still a piece of crap chevy..

Reply to
WWE 4 Life

Sounds like you're mad because your 350Z doesn't handle any better and is nowhere near as fast as a Vette. How many Vettes have you owned and what problems were with them to back up the incessantly stupid comment sucks? BTW Vipers are "mass produced" just like a Corvette. Something about this post makes me think "WWE 4 life" has something to do with "Professional" wrestling and the "4" is quite self explanitory.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

: )

--------

The viper is an excellent sports car, but I'm an Aston Martin fan, myself. I test drove both cars as a loan from the dealer and I was eventually tired of both cars. My main concern was not crashing into something since I am a very safe driver; I was more concerned with someone crashing into me.

The Viper will cost upwards of $82,000 and the Aston Martin close to $300,000.

Arnold Schwarzenegger owned a Viper before it was introduced to the public and he also drove the other on loan from the car company, Aston Martin for about a year.

He mentioned the Viper is a piece of crap and did not mention anything good or bad about the Aston Martin, the 007 car.

As for WindsorFox's reply, well, I was thinking exactly what he said about the guy, WWE 4 Life.

As for the Vette, it's an excellent sports car and the 2004 models have both dual air bags and side air bags for safety.

The first impression of the Vette can never be duplicated. My first impression is that it rides like a dream but on a second test drive, well, it doesn't drive so smoothly.

It is a fascinating sports car and it is American made, the Nissan 350Z is made in Japan, though it has good looks and rides well for sports car, though it isn't really high end.

You can compare the Vette and the Corvette a little, both have their own styles and personality. They feel about the same though the Corvette is lighter and takes the slippery areas a little better than the Viper. Both however spin out on oil slicks, something not normally found on roads and highways. If you're careful with the Viper, you can get the same gas mileage as the Corvette. But generally the Viper's gas mileage is not so hot.

The handling for the Viper is much better than the Corvette but people really don't need all that higher speed handling, for instance making near hairpin turns. The Viper nearly always wins out on these turns.

If you really have the money, you can replace the Viper's engine, though same concept with a more fuel efficient Japanese sports engines, though they are experimental.

The Aston Martin have a variety of suspensions that can be installed on the Vanguards. Nearly all Vanguard owners have multiple suspensions stored in their garages, and the ride is marvelous. One suspension design makes a better ride than the Mercedes Benz high end sedans. The Aston Martin is kinna unique. If I was a billionaire or a multi-millionaire, well, I would buy one.

Best wishes WWE 4 Life!

Richard (CtFG)

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

One last mention, whatever the Viper can do, the Corvette can do, with additions and adjustments from General Motors. But the Corvette marketed for the public isn't necessarily made to compete with the Viper.

Reply to
Richard Rimmer

What ticks me is children and self proclaimed automotive gods that call something crap when all they have to go on is some beleagered opinion of other children or self proclaimed gods. I am not a Chevrolet guy. Don't really care for them, neve have, never will. I know for a fact Vetts are not crap, junk and the quality is not so bad. It's all in what you like unless a knob breaks off in your hand and that's not very likely these days even with a Kia.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Reply to
Richard Rimmer