205 GL (1998) yellow service light

Does anyone know what the yellow warning light just under the fuel gauge mean? Its symbol is a circle "between parethesis". It started sort of blinking for the first time yesterday, it does not seem to have anything to do with the speed I was travelling at. It does not turn on during the routine check, just before you turn the engine on. Thanks. From Buenos Aires, Argentina, Popi.

Reply to
popi7526

On the Citroen (my car) it could be front brake pad wear-supposed to show when you use the brakes. If the 'perenthesis' is dotted and the centre of the circle has a symbol of a car changing wheels- anti lock brake problem. However, that should illuminate with other test warning lamps when you switch on. Buenos Tardes y Adios, DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thanks Dave! I guess it might be the front brake pads... though the light goes off while cruising, not when breaking. The "parentheses" finish in arrows... (I guess they are not parenthesis then =), and the circle is empty in the middle. My car does not have ABS. Any other guesses?

Keep up your español and thanks, Popi.

Reply to
popi7526

Think you'll defo find its the Front Brake wear indicator

Reply to
Longshot

Hi,

It is. I once had the problem with my '93 205 Junior D, it was a snapped wear indicator cable.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T