Engine number location

Moving on from the post about the replacement head. Had fitted a replacement gasket and put the car back together only to find that the problems were still there.

Have had a garage examine the head today and their professional opinion is that it is dead...

In order for me to get a replacement through them, they have asked for the engine number off the car. Now, I am sure the answer is in the Heynes manual, but I am currently in work and am hoping that some kind soul could let me know where I need to look.

On a side note, thanks for peoples advice on the head removal, didn't feel confident to start with but the work was surprisingly easy.

TIA

Reply to
Pete

Assuming that the 306 1.9TD engine is the same as the 406 1.9TD then Haynes only mention Engine Codes, not the actual number. The relevant para reads:

"The engine code is stamped on a plate attached to the front of the cylinder block. This is the code most often used by Peugeot. The code given in brackets is the factory identification number, and is not often referred to by Peugeot or this manual."

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Keith W

Hi,

Eeer OK, there are two plates in general. One popped on right of the cylinder block, showing something like "A8B" with stamped mentions "Type" and "Régl." (stands for "Réglage" which respectively are A8 and B. There is a direct conversion with the "factory engine type" (here it would be a XUD7T). The other is most of times popped in the center of the cylinder block, visible from the front (you may have to move some wiring looms or whatever else to find it), with no mention. That is were the engine number is.

HTH,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Again, thanks for the replies... It was the engine type and I spotted the little plate when I got in last night.

Heres hoping the replacement head doesn't cost the earth,

Reply to
Pete