How To Mute/Pause Stereo Using Remote Control Stick On Peugeot 406

I have a Peugeot 406 GTX 2001.

Not having the Clarion stereo book I would like to know if it is possible to mute the stereo using the remote control stick (right hand of steering column).

The remote stick changes Volume up/down, Source(CD/Radio/Tape) stick forward, CD Tracks forward/backwards, Tunes the Radios but I do not know what the correct stick sequence is to mute or pause the stereo.... if in fact it is possible?

Any help please?

Reply to
Andy

Hello,

Don't know how to pause the stereo, but on my parents' 206 (RD3 radio) the mute controls are vol+ and vol- at the same time, IIRC.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I've got a 406 and the above is correct - but you have to be quite definite about pressing the two buttons, just dabbing them is no good. I find it works best to press one, then (while keeping the first one pressed) press and hold the other button.

Reply to
Rory

Hi,

Yeah, I meant it is like pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL on a PC :-) I achieve the mute operation, say 1 time for 10 tries, due to poor adjustment of the volume buttons on the stalk, but that's another problem :-) Moreover I don't use that car (it is my parents' car, they ran about

15,000km with it, I just did 100 of them). I guess this keys combination is quite intuitive - when somethings looks logical, we *must* say it :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T