Partner electrical windows

I have a question about the electrical windows in my Peugeot Partner. When I give a press on the button for the left window it starts going down until it is open all the way. When I do the same for the passenger window, it only goes down until I release the button. Is this normal? I would prefer the same behaviour on the left side, so that the window stops moving down any time I release the button...

Reply to
Linea Recta

The drivers door window has a touch sensitive control.

Touch lightly and stop it will . Press hard and it will go all the way

The passengers window will stop as soon as you release the button.

Hope this helps

Tony R

Reply to
anthony redshaw

"anthony redshaw" schreef in bericht news:4yHFc.500$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

I'll try that out. Tanks!

Reply to
Linea Recta

"anthony redshaw" schreef in bericht news:4yHFc.500$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...

I'm afraid it didn't really. Pressing lightly or hard makes no difference. The only thing that does make difference is the duration of the button press. When I press for very short time, it will stop, while pressing for a (little) longer time it keeps going down all the way. The only way to have some controll over the drivers window is by pressing the button with short jerks until it is half way, but this isn't very handy. And I don't think operating this way is not going to be very beneficial for the lifespan of the motor. I would by far have preferred the left window operating the same way as the passenger window. The passenger window can be operated perfectly for any situation...

Reply to
Linea Recta

Press to start, press again to stop?

Reply to
Joe Soap

"Joe Soap" schreef in bericht news:Xns951DB9C883ESpecialIdString83104@130.133.1.4...

Yes, that'll work, but I don't like it. :-( Button for passenger side is much more intuitive. Why have they made them different I wonder?

Reply to
Linea Recta

It's a 'feature' :-) I think the idea is that if the driver needs to open his window whilst driving (e.g. when approaching a car-park barrier), he can quickly set it to open and return his hand to the wheel without having to wait whilst the window winds all the way down. It supposedly improves safety. I prefer the implementation on my honda - you press the button relatively gently and it acts as normal, but press it harder and it opens/shuts fully.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

"Albert T Cone" schreef in bericht news:Xns951FA8674747F224267@130.133.1.4...

I think the way it is implemented for the passenger window is perfect logical. Press: window goes down (or up), release: window stops. This way the window position can be controlled simply and exactly.

Reply to
Linea Recta