Leaking Sunroof

Hi!

During all the rain over the last week my 11 year old Peugeot 106 Escapade (N reg) has developed a quite considerabe leak through the front corners of the sunroof... to the point where it's dripping on my head while I drive...

Temporary sollution has been to gaffa tape the sunroof in place around the edges on the outside... but looking for a more permenant sollution.

Anyone know how much the seals cost and how easy they are to change?

Cheers...

Reply to
neff

not sure what sunroof the 106 has ,but have you checked the drain holes around the bottom edge of the sunroof. Should be a hole or maybe 2 at the rear of the roof as to act as a drain. Good chance its got bits of leaves and dirt down it so its acting like a blocked drain and flowing backwards. If you have such holes , then give them a blast with a hose pipe and hopefully that should sort it.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

My 106 had a hinged glass one. It was prone to the slight drip in heavy rain. Took the glass out and cleaned the seal all round, as it was gunged up. Then put a smear of silicone grease all round (the type you get from plumbers merchants for use on the rubber seals for plastic pipes), and replaced the glass. This cured it.

Reply to
Brian

Buy a hat?

Reply to
Shiver Me Timbers

I think you need to lubricate the seal with a non curing lube...even Armorol protectant will do the try. The seal has obviously shrivelled slightly.

Reply to
tricky4000

Reply to
Newsgroups