1999 Grand AM-Engine Shuts down unexpectantly

I've been surprised about 3 times a month, with a engine that just shuts off. The locks sometimes even start to act up by locking and unlocking too! I use to think it was a pot hole that initiated it, but now I have no idea, because it can happen on a smooth surface also. It's not a loose battery cable. It's not showing a problem on the electrical check on the computer. I'm adding fuel injection cleaner and taking it to Jiffy Lube regularly. Could anyone recommend a repair for this car?

Reply to
mindyelle

Mindy, could you please be a little more specific in your description of *when* and under *what circumstances* the car shuts off? You say it's not a loose connection on the battery, but have you filed/ground/brushed the contacts on the cables and the posts to be sure? Jiffy Lube isn't necessarily going to be any help whatsoever; just Wal-mart employees in different garb, more often than not. You don't happen to be "mindi" who posted the problem about the thermostat, do you?

--HC

Reply to
hboothe

Pull the covers off the ends of the dashboard and inspect the fuse/junction boxes inside. If they show signs of water damage (wet or stained or rusted), they will need to be replaced along with your sunroof glass, which is likely doing the leaking.

Reply to
hyundaitech