2000 Montana

How do I change the spark plugs. Is there an easy way.

Reply to
Dog

newsgroup

Rey

Reply to
Reynaud

I've changed them in a 98 Montana. Don't characterize as "easy" but it's not as bad as it looks. Remove the 2 mounts from the engine to top radiator support. Put a bar in the left side mount and rock forward, restain in the forward position using something like a chain. Go easy to make sure nothing is going thru the radiator. Remove the coil packs, their mounts, electronic, and anything else preventing access to the plugs. .......REMOVE PLUGS ONLY WITH THE ENGINE COLD. You'll need an assortment of extensions. If they have less than 100K miles and you don't have any symptoms they are misfiring, I'd say don't worry. I changed mine at 87K. Gap was .062 vs .060 spec and the plugs still looked good. You can also get at the pre-converter O2 sensor with the engine rocked forward.

Reply to
DonW

Reply to
Dog