95 Grand Prix Door Locks

Ok, I'm hoping someone out there can help. I have a 1995 Grand Prix that I attempted to put an aftermarket alarm in. Thats where all my problems started.(I've now pulled the alarm hoping that might fix some problems.) Now my automatic locks only work when both doors are closed and after they've been closed for a period of about 10 seconds. If you try working the switches before that period of time, it sounds like they're struggling to work and there isn't enough power getting to the solenoid. Also, the locks don't automatically lock or unlock when you would put the car in drive/park like they used to. They work perfectly when the doors are both closed and the car is running. Also will do that build up and then working thing when the door pin switches are pushed in. I've tried replacing the relay that the door switches run to, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything. Also replaced both lock/unlock switches.

Reply to
bluewhite4