97 sunfire

I have to replace the fuel tank on my 97 Sunfire and I bought a used tank. I was under the car the other day and looked at the quick connect lines off the sending unit and they are rotten. I found out that the sending unit is all in one and that the lines are plastic. New ones are $400.00 and the used ones are $100.00. On the used ones the plastic lines are cut about half way between the sending unit and the quick disconnects. How are these repaired, as I can do the same to my sending unit and save some cash.... Can I connect a piece of metal tubing inside these lines and use some fuel injection hose and clamps? Please let me know, I bought the car 2 years ago for 500.00 and am trying not to put too much cash into it.

Dave

97 Pontiac Sunfire, 2.2L 239,000 Km's
Reply to
news.cogeco.ca