Back 3 spark plugs in 2000 grand prix

Any one have any idea as to how to get to the back 3 plugs to replace them. Do you pull the top motor mount?? Any help would be great.

Reply to
sfg76

I didn't find that to be necessary. Just reach back there with the socket and ratchet and do it. It was actually very easy.

Steve

Reply to
SSTEIN2

You need to remove the two front motor mounts and tilt the engine forward. You can usually borrow/rent a tool to tilt the engine from a local parts supplier. I use a ratcheting tie-down strap instead of the tool. I connect it to a braket near the alternator and then to one of the holes above the radiator support.

Reply to
Darren MacKenzie

5 or 6 questions down the page someone asked this question. Reply may be helpful
've used a similar technique on a 98 Montana. I couldn't get to the rear plugs by reaching over the back of the engine.
Reply to
DonW

there is no need to mess with the mounts

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz