GM paint defect / 2000 Grand Prix

Hey all,

Long story short, I think my car's paint job has a defect. The paint is cracking and falling off on the rear wheel wells (both sides)

I found information claiming that in January 1993 GM adopted a policy where they repaint factory paint defects for up to 6 years regardless if the car is new or used.

I went to my local GM dealer and they said it was only covered under the new vehicle 3 year warranty. I called GM canada and they give me the same story.

Anyone else had this problem? Email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Anyone had this problem fixed?

Reply to
JD

I don't own a GM product anymore because good will and customer loyalty are foreign concepts to them. It seems to me (I've heard this elsewhere too) that GM's policy is to automatically deny any claims like yours. The Grand Prix was my favourite domestic car and I used to have a 1999GTP. You can ask for your case to be escalated for review, but the answer will probably be the same.

Good luck!

Reply to
Rob G

I have a 98 grand prix that had paint bubbles form last summer near the gas tank fill cover on the drivers side. There is a 6 year "rust through" warranty but my vehicle isn't covered because there are not holes in the sheet metal "yet". The paint has now bubbled out worse after the winter but still is technically not "rust thru" although rust coming from underneath is causing this problem. I contacted GM by both phone and mail and got the same response, if the vehicle shows rust through before it is 6 years old they "may" fix it, then again, they may not. In other words the warranty is essentially worthless and I have vowed to never buy GM again after having nothing but for over 3o years. I have never had a vehicle show signs of rust this early, even my 1970 vehicles.

Reply to
Kevin